Tuesday, February 1, 2011

And Now The Good...

Alas, the good. Sorry to pollute your vision with those poorly dressed celebrities yesterday. Wait no more, here are my picks for the Best Dressed at the 2011 SAG Awards. Drum roll please...


JAYMA MAYS: Breathtaking. Red hair is not an easy thing to have when it comes to pairing colors with it but she definitely pulled off this number with flying colors. The coral color is magical on her skin and I am obsessed with her gunmetal strappy shoes and the detail on her right shoulder of the dress. Well-done!


JANE LEEVES: Here is an example of sequins done right (take note, Kim K). Very simple silhouette with unique and gorgeous embellishments. I love the swoop back and her body looks phenomenal in this! I love love love the ombre effect from top to bottom.


ROSARIO DAWSON: To be frank, this dress looked much better on TV than it does in photographs, but I really like this simple elegant dress. I'm generally not a fan of a short front and long back, but for some reason, this dress just works for Rosario. The soft yellow and waist ribbon add a feminine touch and I just love the neckline. It's classy but sexy... it's claxy!


HILARY SWANK: Love the color, love the style, but was at first not in love with the ribbon detail (shocker). However, after staring at this dress and seeing it on print and TV, I really do think it is a gorgeous dress. The ONLY thing I think I would change about this is I think I would put her hair in an up-do somehow to really show off her bare shoulder.


MILA KUNIS: Although I think Alexander McQueen designs are very avaunt-garde and interesting, they are often times very hard to wear in the real world. This dress completely changed my appreciation for fashion-forward gowns as I think Mila Kunis looks incredible in this Alexander McQueen evening gown. It is such a breathtaking masterpiece and I can't really imagine it on anyone else. This girl can literally wear anything and look great and I am sure Alexander McQueen would be incredibly proud to see her do this dress the justice it 120% deserves.

Last but not least...


LEA MICHELE: It is clear how petite she is from this photo and not many people could pull of this dress. I love the sequins, neckline, silhouette, and train. I think it is the perfect dress for a not-so-busty female. I am so glad she switched gears from a bright colored poofy ball gown at the Golden Globes to this neutral, elegant, but completely sexy winner of a dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment