Tuesday, February 1, 2011

We'll Start With The Bad...

The SAG Awards were hosted on Sunday night at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles and per usual, there is a plethora of beautiful hits and really sour misses. Most celebrities are surrounded by teams of people who PRAISE them all day, every day - but no one has the guts to say "Hey, this makes you looks awful. Maybe try something else?"

Well, their staff should be fired for being dishonest! I feel like there should not be ONE celebrity on the Worst Dressed list because 1. they don't get dressed in the dark 2. they don't get dressed alone 3. most of them have stylists (FAIL!) and 4. they have a ton of "friends" and staff to help make them look good yet people still wind up looking like butt? It makes no sense.

Why not make this a two-part post? Here are my opinions of the Worst Dressed at the SAG Awards...


DIANNA AGRON: This especially made me sad because I think Dianna Agron is such a beautiful girl and always looks stunning - but tell me this... WHO let her out of the house with these eye brows? She has (I'm sure) a TEAM of people helping her out and she had to go through every single one of them before she hit the Red Carpet and NO ONE thought maybe her eye brows were a TAD dark for her hair? I didn't even know it was her when they first showed her on TV. And don't get me started on the dress. I get that she's trying to be hip and wear that calf-length dress that is in right now but I think the dress is heinous. The only thing t make this outfit worse is if she put on Kitten Heels - barf. Luckily, the shoes are decent, so I applaud her for that...and ONLY that.


KIM KARDASHIAN: Kim K. is one of the most beautiful celebrities out there in my opinion. The girl could literally look good wearing a paper bag, however, I HATE HATE HATE this dress. It looks like a pageant dress or even worse, a gown from one of those cheap prom-dress stores in downtown LA that people to go to get a super blinged-out dress that no one else will have... because it's God-awful. The color is dynamite but the embellished details make me want to vomit. I honestly am a huge supporter of sequins and glitter, but it has to be done right, tastefully, and in a way that makes the dress look more expensive and elegant, not cheap and ill-constructed.


JENNA FISCHER: Really, Jenna? This looks like tweed and tweed should never be on an evening gown unless it is Chanel - and even then, it'd be a huge risk that may or may not work in anyone's favor. I love how Jenna can transform from Plain Pam on The Office to a pretty starlet on the Red Carpet but whoa, stop dressing like your character and start owning the spotlight as you, the star, Jenna Fischer! For the love!


CHRISTINA HENDRICKS: Kudos to her for hiding her ginormous boobs because they're usually out and about but she looks like she is wearing a bathrobe! The trick is to work WITH the curves of your body not AGAINST them. Can I demand a do-over? This makes her look bigger than she really is. I know she is known as "voluptuous" in Hollywood and not "pin thin" like everyone else, but sadly, "voluptuous" probably is equivalent to a Size 4-6... which is still teeny tiny. I actually have NO idea what size Christina is, but I'll say that the dress makes her look at least 2 sizes bigger than her true size.



MELISSA LEO: You won in your category but lost HARD in the fashion category. What IS this? Again - I don't understand this about celebrities. WHO LET YOU OUT IN THIS? I can't figure out what makes me more nauseated...the fact that the dress clearly doesn't fit you or maybe it is the fact that you look like you're wearing a sheet of metal. Excuse me while I go lose my lunch.

There you have it - my top 5 Worst Dressed at the SAG Awards. Don't get me wrong, there were WAY more than that. Honorable mentions include Helena Bonham Carter (shocker) and Natalie Portman. I wanted to give these two a break since I ragged on their Golden Globe dress choices...

Check back in tomorrow for my list of The Best Dressed at the 2011 SAG Awards.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with all of these, especially Kim K! I didn't even recognize her. It's not flattering at all on her figure and her boobs aren't supported. Also, why was she at the SAG awards anyway?

    ReplyDelete